Our Board of Education extends to you and your family a warm welcome to Houston County. Our school system provides educational services for approximately 30,200 students on 38 campuses that are conducive to high-quality learning. Our students excel in many areas, outperforming state and national test averages, winning academic competitions and earning sports championships. Our schools and employees have garnered numerous state and national awards for outstanding achievements. Our faculty and staff members continually strive to improve and work to take our system to even greater heights.
Our mission is to produce high-achieving students, and our vision is that our school system will be world class.
Our values are:
- Safety is our number one priority.
- Students will graduate college and career ready.
- All students will achieve academic success. All means all!
- Ensure the academic & social-emotional growth of students through a Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Support quality learning, by student, by standard.
- Through professional learning communities, take collective responsibility for teaching, learning & professional development.
- Use evidence-based, high-leverage practices to meet the needs of all students.
In addition to our mission, vision and beliefs, we emphasize “The Houston County Way,” which reflects our tradition of excellence and the way we endeavor to do business every day.
The Houston County Way is:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Have a professional attitude.
- Go the extra mile.
- Base decisions on what is best for students.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Work hard, with dedication and love for students.
- Approach work every day with a positive attitude, hope, enthusiasm and compassion.
- Do things right; do the right thing.
We look forward to meeting you and your children and hope that you will become involved in our schools. If you need any assistance, please feel free to call on the Houston County Board of Education. Welcome to our family!
Dr. Mark Scott
Superintendent of Schools