The Houston County School District educates approximately 30,000 K-12 students on 39 campuses. Our students excel in many areas, outperforming state and national test averages, winning academic competitions and earning sports championships. Our schools and employees have garnered numerous state and national awards for outstanding achievements. Our faculty and staff members continually strive to improve and work to take our district to even greater heights.
Our mission is to produce high-achieving students; our vision is that our school district will be world class.
- Safety is our number one priority.
- Students will graduate college and career ready.
- All students will achieve academic success. All means all!
- Ensure the academic and social-emotional growth of students through a Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Support quality learning, by student, by standard.
- Take collective responsibility for teaching, learning and professional development through professional learning communities.
- Use evidence-based, high-leverage practices to meet the needs of all students.
The Houston County Way:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Have a professional attitude.
- Go the extra mile.
- Base decisions on what's best for students.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Work hard, with dedication and love for students.
- Approach work every day with a positive attitude, hope, enthusiasm and compassion.
- Do things right; do the right thing.
Houston County is a great place to learn, live and work!