2021-2022 Houston Virtual
The Houston County School District will offer families an option to apply for Houston Virtual for the 2021-2022 school year for students in grades 3 -12. The virtual learning application will be available online May 6–13, 2021.
Elementary students in grades 3 through 5 who are approved for Houston Virtual will receive instruction from their teacher Monday through Friday, using Google Classroom, i-Ready and Zoom. Middle and high school students who are approved for Houston Virtual will receive instruction through the Houston County APEX program, Google Classroom and Zoom. Houston Virtual teachers are professionally qualified educators employed by the Houston County School District.
To help families decide if Houston Virtual is the best fit for them, consider the important points below.
- Enrollment is a commitment for the full 2021-2022 school year, through May 25, 2022.
- Internet access at home is required.
- Students must be available for instruction during normal school hours.
- A limited but complete course of study will be offered.
- Students will not participate in school activities or extracurricular activities.
- All normal academic and attendance requirements must be met.
- Teacher assignment may or may not coincide with the child’s zoned school.
- District and state-mandated standardized tests will be taken in person.
- Applications will be reviewed to determine acceptance.
Current students, whether enrolled in Houston Virtual or in-person for the 2020-2021 school year, will automatically be enrolled for in-person instruction if they do not apply for Houston Virtual for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please watch the video below to learn more about the steps to apply for Houston Virtual through Infinite Campus.