School Mission and Vision Statement
Our mission is produce respectful, high-achieving students who share responsibility for their learning and behavior.
Our vision is to put children first
School History and Facts
- Property Purchased: 1962
- Facility Constructed: 1967
- School Mascot: Mustangs
- School Color: Royal Blue
- From 1968-1982, the school served grades 1-6.
- In 1982, the school added kindergarten.
- In 1991, sixth grade was moved to the middle schools leaving grades k-5 at Centerville Elementary.
- In 1994, Pre-K was added to the school.
- 1998: Georgia School Bell Winner
- 1998: Georgia School of Excellence
- 1999: National Blue Ribbon School
- 2008: Georgia School of Excellence
- 2009: Title I Distinguished School and made adequate yearly progress for seven consecutive years.
- 2012: Georgia School of Excellence
School Principal History
- 1968-1972: Marian Bailey
- 1972-1975: Tommy Wilkerson
- 1975-2004: Wally Bassett
- 2004-2010: Cindy Flesher
- 2010-2017: Tonya Maddox
- 2017-2022: Ruthann Bowden
- 2022-Current: Rebecca Oakley
Completed School Improvements and Renovations
- 1980: 4 Classroom Addition
- 1992: New Music, Art and PE Facility
- 1992: Driveway Improvement
- 1996: Roof Replacement
- 2005: 13 Classroom Addition
- 2012: HVAC Upgrades
- 2013: Hallway, Gymnasium and Parking Upgrades
- 2014: Enhanced Security
- 2022: HVAC Upgrades