Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

What is Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)?

With the passage of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, the National School Lunch Program

now includes the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). This program allows qualified schools to be approved to provide meals to all enrolled students at no charge, regardless of economic status.


What Houston County Schools are approved CEP sites?

For the 2023-2024 school year, Houston County will have 19 sites that benefit from this program. The following sites will provide meals to all enrolled students at no charge:

  • CB Watson Primary
  • Centerville Elementary
  • WIN Academy
  • Huntington Middle
  • Lindsey Student Support Center
  • Miller Elementary
  • Morningside Elementary
  • Northside Elementary
  • Northside High
  • Northside Middle
  • Parkwood Elementary
  • Pearl Stephens Elementary
  • Russell Elementary
  • Shirley Hills Elementary
  • Thomson Middle
  • Tucker Elementary
  • Warner Robins Middle
  • Warner Robins High
  • Westside Elementary


How does a school qualify to become a CEP school?

To qualify, a school must have 40 percent or more students eligible for free meals based on direct certification. Children are considered directly certified if they live in households that participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR). In addition, foster, homeless, runaway, or migrant children are included in the directly certified category. Schools are re-evaluated annually to determine if they continue to meet CEP criteria.


How does attending at CEP benefit my child?

Students enrolled in the aforementioned schools are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack (if the child is enrolled in an eligible after school program) at school at no cost to the household each day of the 2022-2023 school year. While the regular breakfast, lunch, and after school snack will be provided at no cost to students enrolled in CEP schools, supplemental sale items such as chips, cookies, beverages, etc. will still be available for purchase. These items can be purchased with cash, check (made payable to School Nutrition), or monies that have been placed on the child’s online account at


What happens if my child transfers from a CEP school to a non-CEP school?

The ability for a child to eat free is associated with the school they attend. Therefore, if a child transfers to a school that is not listed above, the parent or guardian will need to provide payment for the child’s meals until a Free and Reduced Meal Application is completed and the parent or guardian receives notice that it is approved. The quickest way for an application to be processed is to complete one online at

Return to School Nutrition homepage