2023-2024 Houston Virtual Registration
The Houston County School District will offer parents the option to apply for student enrollment in Houston Virtual for the 2023-2024 school year. The Houston Virtual application window will be open
from January 13 - January 31. During this time, parents of rising third through twelfth grade students will have the opportunity to apply for their child to be considered for Houston Virtual enrollment in the next school year beginning August 2, 2023, and ending May 22, 2024.
All current students will be automatically enrolled for in-person learning. Parents who wish for their students to be considered for virtual instruction are required to apply during this time. Students who are accepted will be enrolled in Houston Virtual for the entire school year; therefore, parents will not be allowed to make a change to in-person learning after students are accepted for Houston Virtual enrollment.
Houston Virtual is a learning platform to deliver online courses. Students in grades 3-5 receive instruction from their teacher through Google Classroom, i-Ready, and Zoom. Middle and high school students use the Apex Learning program, Google Classroom, and Zoom.
To participate in Houston Virtual, students must:
- commit to virtual learning for the entire 2023-2024 school year;
- have reliable internet access at home;
- be available for instruction during regular school hours;
- log-in and participate in the class to be counted as present for the day;
- meet all academic and attendance requirements;
- take district and state-mandated standardized tests in-person; and
- be enrolled or eligible for enrollment in the Houston County School District.
Applications will be completed through the primary guardian’s Infinite Campus account from 8:00 a.m. on January 13 to 4:00 p.m. on January 31. Please see the document below named "Directions for Infinite Campus Houston Virtual Application Process" for step-by-step instructions.
Parents without computer access may use a computer at their child’s school or visit the Central Registration office to complete the process.