Houston Virtual Registration
Registration Information for 2024-2025
The Houston County School District offered parents the option to apply for student enrollment in Houston Virtual for the 2024-2025 school year. The Houston Virtual application window was open
from January 12 - January 26, 2024. During that time, parents of rising sixth through twelfth grade students had the opportunity to apply for their child to be considered for Houston Virtual enrollment in the next school year beginning July 31, 2024, and ending May 21, 2025.
All current students will be automatically enrolled for in-person learning. Parents who wished for their students to be considered for virtual instruction were required to apply during this time. Students accepted will be enrolled in Houston Virtual for the entire school year; therefore, parents are not allowed to make a change to in-person learning after students are accepted for Houston Virtual enrollment.
Houston Virtual is a learning platform to deliver online courses. Middle and high school students use the Apex Learning program, Google Classroom, and Zoom.
To participate in Houston Virtual, students must:
- commit to virtual learning for the entire 2024-2025 school year;
- have reliable internet access at home;
- be available for instruction during regular school hours;
- log-in and participate in the class to be counted as present for the day;
- meet all academic and attendance requirements;
- take district and state-mandated standardized tests in-person; and
- be enrolled or eligible for enrollment in the Houston County School District.
Applications were to be completed through the primary guardian’s Infinite Campus account from 8:00 a.m. on January 12 to 4:00 p.m. on January 26.