2020-2021 School Year Options
Elementary students may enroll in distance learning with a teacher Monday through Friday, using Google Classroom. Middle school students may participate in distance learning using both Google Classroom and Odysseyware. High school students may participate in distance learning using Odysseyware. All students will have an assigned teacher to offer additional teaching support in certain subject areas.
To participate in the Houston Virtual distance learning program, your child must:
- commit to distance learning for the minimum of a grading period, which is 9 weeks for elementary students and 18 weeks for middle and high school students;
- have a device that will connect to the internet at home;
- have internet access at home;
- be available for instruction during normal school hours;
- log-in and participate in the class to be counted as present for the day;
- meet all normal academic and attendance requirements;
- take state-mandated standardized tests; and
- be an active student in the Houston County School District.
In addition, students in Houston Virtual:
- will have limited options for specials, connections, and electives;
- will not participate in school activities or extracurricular activities; and
- will not be eligible for Valedictorian or Salutatorian unless physically attended high school on campus for 4 semesters.