Discounted Internet Service
WHAT IS IT?
The Affordable Connectivity Program helps to connect families and households struggling to afford internet service. Many families of Houston County School District students are eligible to receive discounted internet service under the Affordable Connectivity Program provided by the FCC.
The benefit provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for internet service
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desk top computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All households with a child who was approved to receive free or reduced-price school meals under the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program within the last 12 months, including children who attend schools participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), are eligible for ACP benefits.
The following schools participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP):
Households are also independently eligible if
(1) their income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level ($55,500 for a family of four); or
(2) a member of the household participates in certain other Federal benefit programs—including, among others, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Medicaid, and Federal Public Housing Assistance.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to www.AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application: and
- Contact your preferred participating internet provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
TO LEARN MORE: