Our Board of Education extends to you and your family a warm welcome to Houston County. Our school system provides educational services for approximately 29,000 students on 39 campuses
that are conducive to high-quality learning. Our students excel in many areas, outperforming state and national test averages, winning academic competitions and earning sports championships. Our schools and employees have garnered numerous state and national awards for outstanding achievements. Our faculties and staff members continually strive to improve and work to take our system to even greater heights.
Our mission is to produce high-achieving students, and our vision is that our school system will be world class. Our values are:
Safety is our number one priority.
- Failure is not an option. We do expect that all children can learn.
- We will not be satisfied until all of our schools meet or exceed the highest academic standards.
- We are committed to determining what each child needs to fulfill his or her potential.
- We take responsibility for learning, not only for our students but also for ourselves.
- We are not afraid of change and will embrace change that is research-based and proven to be effective.
In addition to our mission, vision and beliefs, we emphasize “The Houston County Way,” which reflect our tradition of excellence and the way we endeavor to do business every day. The Houston County Way is:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Have a professional attitude.
- Go the extra mile.
- Base decisions on what’s best for the child.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Hard work, dedication and love for children.
- Approach work every day with a positive attitude, hope, enthusiasm and compassion.
- Do things right; do the right thing.
We look forward to meeting you and your children and hope that you will become involved in our schools. If you need any assistance, please feel free to call on the Houston County Board of Education. Welcome to our family!
Dr. Mark Scott
Superintendent of Schools