The Houston County School District works daily to ensure the health and well-being of our students and staff by developing, implementing, and delivering school health services throughout the year. Occasionally, extraordinary efforts are required to meet particular challenges, such as our current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We are continuing to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Georgia Department of Public Health (GDPH), the North Central Health District (NCHD), as well as other local, state and federal agencies. Our goal is to provide the most up-to-date information available for our students, staff and community. This page has been established to provide resources and communications from our district and partners in health.
Should you need assistance, the Georgia Department of Public Health has a public hotline available. Please call 1-866-PUB-HLTH (1-866-782-4584) for assistance, 24 hours day, 7 days a week.
Please check back often for updates.
Governor Kemp issued an Executive Order on April 1, 2020, that schools will remain closed for in-person instruction for the rest of this school year. Our teachers will continue to provide digital learning to their students using education tools through the end of this 2019-2020 school year. To read the Executive Order, click here.
- Backpack Washing Tips.pdf
- CDC: Caring for Children: Tips to keep children healthy while school’s out
- CDC Caring for someone with COVID-19 at home
- CDC Hand Washing Cartoon Video for Children
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs.pdf
- CDC, "The Flu, a Guide for Parents".pdf
- CDC, "What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)" - English.pdf
- CDC, "What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)" - Simplified Chinese.pdf
- CDC, "What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)" - Spanish.pdf
- COVID-19 Contact Guidance 3.17.20.pdf
- COVID-19 Information Powerpoint.pdf
- COVID19 Symptoms - English.pdf
- COVID-19 Isolation Guidance 3.17.20.pdf
- COVID19 Symptoms - Spanish.pdf
- Family Handwashing- Engligh.pdf
- Family Handwashing- Spanish.pdf
- Georgia Department of Education, Coronavirus/COVID-19 and Schools
- Wash Your Hands fact sheet- English.pdf
- Wash Your Hands fact sheet- Spanish.pdf
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 - English.pdf
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 - Simplified Chinese.pdf
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 - Spanish.pdf