Elementary Gifted & Talented Education, 2013 - 2014
In agreement with the Georgia Board of Education's philosophy and in accordance with Houston County's mission to "produce high-achieving students," Houston County understands that gifted and talented students require an advanced curriculum. Gifted & Talented Education (GTE) recognizes and provided for the needs of gifted and talented students by offering opportunities for differentiated instruction designed to accelerate, enrich and extend their learning experiences. Learning is enhanced through the use of materials, tasks and experiences differentiated in content, process and product.
- Houston County educators are committed to the belief that education is a means by which every individual has the opportunity to reach his/her fullest potential.
- We believe that all students have a right to educational experiences that challenge their individual development whether it is below, at, or beyond the level of their age peers.
- We provide educational programs that recognize and make provisions for the special needs of gifted students while nurturing life-long learning.
- We strive to enhance learning and maximize student potential by providing accelerated, enriched, and extended instruction.
- We provide specialized instruction, through the use of materials, tasks, and experiences differentiated in content, process, and product, designed to meet the needs of our students' innovative minds.
- We aim to stimulate and challenge our students to expand their intellectual and cultural horizons in preparation for fulfilling their roles as American leaders in an expanding global community.
- We are dedicated to meeting the educational, emotional, and social needs of our students.
State BOE Rule 160-4-2-.38
The Georgia Department of Education’s Gifted Program is funded by the State of Georgia. In Georgia, a gifted education student is defined as one who demonstrates a high degree of intellectual and/or creative ability(ies), exhibits an exceptionally high degree of motivation, and/or excels in specific academic fields, and who needs special instruction and/or special ancillary services to achieve at levels commensurate with his or her ability(ies).
Director of Gifted education
Our vision is to prepare innovative minds for a global tomorrow.
Our mission is to identify and serve exceptional students.
September 5, 2013